Study in Cyprus
Primary school starts in Cyprus at the age of 6 and is divided to two 6 year stages of primary school and high school. In Turkish residence part f Cyprus which forms the smaller area of island, the pre university studies sometimes last for 11 years.
To enter state university, the specialized entrance exams will be held by the university. Private universities and colleges have easier conditions for accepting students.
University and colleges educations in Cyprus are based on courses system. In Master and PhD periods along with educational courses, the research theses should be presented. The Ministry of Post graduate studies in Cyprus controls academic centers and issue the approval paper by SEKAP Council (Approval) and KYSATS. The Greeces residency of Cyprus has only one university and some large and small colleges. The Turkish residency is very much lower regarding the livings quality, however by the help of Turkeys government there are some good students there. In this part, universities receive their approval form YOK (Turkeys Ministry of post-graduate studies). The language of education in this country is English (Both in Greece and Turkishs residency), and the only exception is Cyprus University which its language is Greek.
- Educational documents: Certificate. These kinds of documents represent study in university after finishing high schools which its target is presenting required educations to people for presentation in the society and business.
- Diploma: It contains 2 years of study after finishing high school period.
- Higher Diploma: It contains 3 years of study after finishing high school period.
- Bachelor: It contains 4 years of study after finishing high school period.
- Master: It contains 2 years of study after finishing Bachelor period.
- PhD: In contains 3 to 4 years of study after finishing Master period.